
✨Once again, it's time to recap all the things happening on the blog and in my reading life✨
BOOKS READ 📚
July started off rather nice, then things slowed down a bit and then a library visit fixed everything - as per usual 😂 I mostly read on my Kindle these days (or physical books I recently bought), but I desperately needed that Special Library Feel™ - perusing the shelves, trying to find all the books from my list but also hoping to stumble upon hidden little gems, books that pull me in with their intriguing covers or titles ✨

↳ actual representation of me gliding toward the "newest" book section at my library lol
Anyways, I finished 10 books this month with a LOT of different genres. I started with cute summer romances, then I threw a thriller in there to cleanse my palate before going with 3 pirate books. And then I decided it was finally time to reread one of my favorite series of all time - The Inheritance Games. I was postponing this because I didn't want it all to end, but I can't wait anymore 😂 The last book in the (spin-off) series came out at the end of July and..ahhh I'm so scared to read it 😭

READING STATS:
0 rated ⭐
1 rated ⭐⭐
2 rated ⭐⭐⭐
1 rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐
6 rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blogging-wise, I wrote 18 posts!! That's 5 more than last month 😌 I still have August free from work so I'm hoping to maintain this tempo a little bit more. When school starts again, all bets are off lol
BOOK REVIEWS 📖
Hometown Antihero by Amber Lynn Natusch 🔎
BOOKISH LISTS 📝
Upcoming Releases - August 2026 📰
TAGS, CHALLENGES AND DISCUSSIONS 📌
Fastest and Slowest Reading Times 🏎️💨
OTHER TOPICS ☕
💬 How was your month? Have you found any new interesting books? 💬















6 Comments
I need to catch up on The Inheritance Games! I had to start the spin-off before reading the collection of stories.
ReplyDeleteI am curious about those pirate books! I remember seeing Fable a lot when it came out, and it seems like it's become popular again.
I hope you have a fantastic August as well!
ahh The Inheritance Games ♥ for some reason, whenever I find a group of teens/adults forming a family-type team and solving cases, I immediatelly fall in love with it. I blame The Mentalist and Criminal Minds lol
DeleteFable is AMAZING!! I just know you'd love it. The main character is such a badass and the friendships are so nice! 😄 Thanks, you too!
Again, I don't know why I cannot reply directly to your comment, so a new one it is. SO NICE TO BE TALKING TO YOU ON YOUR BLOG!!
ReplyDeleteI really like the idea of The Inheritance Games and those tropes, like solving cases, family-type dynamic, so I'd be curious to read more of those. Sometimes mysteries are too complex, so this one being YA helped with pacing and my understanding of everything that went on.
It's written down in my neverending list of books I want to check out. I always say this and then never do it but I should start reading some of the books released during that time, I missed out on so many! (also I love a good friendship in my books, so that's a plus!)
I KNOW RIGHT?? ❤❤
DeleteI agree with you and I have to admit J.L.Barnes also has a really good way of explaining riddles without making it super obvious - like, she doesn't expect the reader to be an expert, but also doesn't dumb everything down. It's somewhere perfectly in the middle.
The friendships are AMAZING. I might even say that the friend/family connections are what makes this book so good 😍
Seems like you had a great reading and blogging month last month - 6 5 stars read is an awesome statistics!
ReplyDeleteI really did, it was the BEST! I'm hoping this trend continues in August (and so far it has 👀)!
Delete