Mini Reviews - Cuteness Overload

 

I read 4 cutesy romances last month which included a reread and 2 books by my favorite authors...in the end, the book I liked the most was the one by a different author 😅 I won't be mentioning The Distance Between Us, it's my 3rd or 4th reread of that book - which I obviously loved 😂 Here are my thoughts on the other three:

This was definitely super fluffy and cute, the usual Kasie West vibe...but...it wasn't enough. It's like I was waiting the whole time for something to wow me. For something different to happen. 

I don't mind predictability, but these characters and situations felt uninspired. It's as if someone took all the previous Kasie West books through a machine and made it generate another one. I enjoyed it generally, but it won't leave any lasting impressions unfortunately 😅

 I think her older work is far better and while this one failed my expectations I'll definitely keep reading all of Kasie's work because she has so much potential and I remain a fan ♥

⭐⭐⭐



While this book was slightly better than Borrow My Heart, I still didn't feel completely charmed. I genuinely felt like she wrote better romances in TLC. Maybe I'm just more of a "sci-fi Marissa" fan 😅

Don't get me wrong, this was super cute, but I just wasn't that into it. I felt the story dragged a bit and I think it could've been less than 400 pages long. Some scenes were unnecessarily long.

What I will admit though, is that I appreciated how both Pru and Quint had to work on themselves to become better people. They had to make compromises, explain things better, show more compassion etc. The changes came gradually and their relationship had some pretty adorable moments.

⭐⭐⭐✨


Small town, grumpy x sunshine, cozy cafe meetings, bingo with local elderly, an adorable dog, do I really need to say more?

This was the perfect binge for me - it had all the tropes I love without being too cringe. It had some cliche Hallmark moments, but honestly, I ate them up. The whole story was written in this light tone, nothing dramatic, no break ups, no huge traumas, just healthy relationships and good vibes ♥

There are 3 things that made me love this book even more -

1. Adrian and Juliette started a friendship first that evolved into something more

2. The fact that all of the characters had normal relationships, Juliette had a BFF whom she was in contact with constantly, Adrian with his brothers, Juliette with all the people from the town - everyone was friendly and it felt so normal and realistic.

3. The characters have open conversations and no unnecessary misunderstandings happen.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

💬  Do you like reading fluffy romances, or are you more of the heart-wrenching sad romance types? 💬


Post a Comment

0 Comments

;