Disney Speedstorm - the cutest racing game



So, for the past 2 months I have obsessively played one game, and one game only - Disney Speedstorm. I cannot even explain it but I am enchanted. I love everything about it. I can't stop PLAYING IT EVERY SINGLE DAY MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.

It's basically a racing game but all the characters and themes are from Disney movies, as this is their official game. Here are some pics and the description from Steam:

Welcome to Disney Speedstorm! Drift into the ultimate hero-based combat racing game, set on high-speed circuits inspired by Disney and Pixar worlds. Master each character’s unique skills and claim victory in this thrilling arcade racing experience from the creators of the Asphalt series!

I'll start with one con because it's a major one that seems to upset people a lot, while on the other hand, I do not notice it as much anymore (which I'll also explain) - it has a lot of microtransactions. Basically, 90% of the in-game shop has to be paid with real money and you can't get certain racers without paying for a special "season pass." 

That all being said - I didn't pay for ANYTHING and am having the time of my life. I'm not even grinding like crazy. I log in every day, pick up my daily rewards, play some events and that's it. I still get lots of new characters by participating in events or generally just leveling up (you get racers as rewards for finishing missions/ levels across the game).

What I'm trying to say is - yes, the "commercials" can get annoying, they're constantly pushing you to the shop to buy something, but after a certain time, I just started ignoring them and just enjoyed the game. 

So far, the things you can buy in the shop are mostly cosmetics and characters you don't necessarily need to enjoy the game. Yes, some levels can only be played with them, but there are so many more you can without them! The base game is free and honestly, there's so much to do in-game that even after 2 months, I still have levels/ tournaments I haven't played.

One of the reasons for that is that every few months there's a new "theme" going on with new levels and tournaments. Right now, the theme is "Inside Out" so all new characters and in-game worlds are from that movie. That's a major pro in my opinion. That means that the game is constantly updated, not only with new levels but also the devs seem to be updating other things as well - making the odds for getting rarer racers better, changing up the currencies in the game, making the interface more user friendly etc.

At first, it might seem challenging because you have to collect a few racers to play more levels, but once you get into it, it's actually a lot of fun. Also, once you get a certain racer you keep it forever, so when a new theme comes and resets the levels - you have a better starting point than before. 

I definitely recommend this game if you like multiplayer racing games and especially if you love Disney movies. My fave character right now is Mulan and I'm hoping they bring in Tangled one day so I can be Rapunzel and die of happiness. 


Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I have seen this game around a lot and it seems so cute! I, however, am not good at racing games, so I have not gotten it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it 😂😂 racing games can also get boring pretty quickly because you're constantly doing the same thing over and over again. We'll see how long this obsession holds me 😂

      Delete

;