Mini Reviews - March Leftovers



I just realized I forgot to post reviews for the rest of the books I read in March, so here I am now 😂 


The Rosewood Hunt - Mackenzie Reed

I was expecting a slightly lesser version of The Inheritance Games and that's exactly what I got, which is a good thing!!

First of all, NOTHING can top The Inheritance Games in the "scavenger hunt, teens looking for clues, mystery" genre. So being worse than it is actually predictable.

Second of all, the book was GOOD. It's got some solid puzzles, the pace is fast, and the writing is light. Reading it was pure fun. It's also not that long and you've got lots of interesting characters.

The main "issue" I got with it is actually understandable because it's a standalone and a short one at that - it's characters aren't that deep or layered, and because of that they aren't memorable. If I mentioned Grayson or Jameson, you'd immediately know who they are. Leo and Lily on the other hand...Let's just say that I couldn't remember their names (I finished the book 2 days ago) and had to google it 😂

It's not that big of a deal, not every book has to be spectacular. I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend for anyone looking for a fun, quick read that's part heist, part clue solving. 🔎


I Hope This Doesn't Find You - Ann Liang

✨ enemies to lovers

✨ school setting

✨ girl friendships

✨ banter>>>

I read this book in one sitting, it was that addictive, it's got the cutest slow-burn romance and the chemistry is off the charts

I loved Sadie and her competitive spirit. Also, her friendship with Abigail was just beautiful - they both supported each other despite being totally different. The romance is definitely on the slower side, they spend most of their time hating each other which I enjoyed so much. The pacing was perfect. I just wish we got a tiny bit more of their "relationship" because the book ends the moment they end up together, but that's a minor thing ♥



Alex, Approximately - Jenn Bennett

DNF at 65%

I'm sorry but I just don't get the hype around this book, it was mediocre at best and had too many descriptions. The story dragged, the characters were forgettable and I realized halfway in that I don't care AT ALL if Mink and Alex get together...

That's why I decided to just leave it and pick up I book I will actually care about 😂 I'm still counting it towards my reading goals and I will admit, the first few chapters were cute and interesting enough. That's why I kept reading it hoping it'll get better. In the end, I realized, there's no way this book'll get more than 3 stars from me and life is too short to waste time on books I don't even have the will to review. If it were a shorter book with more dialogues than descriptions, I might've liked it enough to finish it...


Did you read any of these books? Do you prefer mysteries or romance novels? Or a mix of both 😏

0 comments

;