Recently Watched Movies


I haven't done one of these in a long time - mostly because I didn't watch anything meaningful until maybe the last 2 weeks or so when I got the sudden urge to watch ALL of the movies on my to-watch list ðŸ˜‚ 

And guess what?

I finished 5 movies and had to DNF one...I won't be reviewing it but I'll let you know that it was Madame Web and it was as bad as people said it was ðŸ¤¦ Now, let's talk about the other five ðŸ˜Š

1. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse


The first movie was truly unique, amazing and had wonderful art. This one is the same if not better. The characters are slightly older in this one (there's a time jump) and there are even more Spider-Mans involved. The soundtrack was really good, but I have to say, the soundtrack was slightly better in the last movie - it just hit the right notes at the right time. It was a bit more emotional. Not to say that I didn't enjoy this movie - I truly did. I especially appreciated the different art styles used to represent different Spiders and their original comics.

My rating: 4.5 ⭐


2. The Marvels


ahhh this one was very disappointing. I love Marvel and have seen every movie since the first Iron Man. It's like they don't make them meaningful anymore - it's just flashy colorful action scenes, add some humor and a fancy cameo and the movie is done. That's what this movie was. I'm not saying every movie should be "deep" and have a "message" but it should at least make me care for something right? Either the characters or their mission. I cared about nothing and no one in this movie. The only bright spot was Iman and her character, she brought some heart to the movie. Everything else was superficial and a waste of time. I've watched it last week, and if you asked me right now to tell you who the villain is or what the plot was about, I couldn't tell you. 

My rating: 2 ⭐

* one star for Iman, the other is for Goose ðŸ˜‚


3. The Other Zoey


Well, this was actually a nice surprise. I had really, and I mean really low expectations for this movie ðŸ˜‚ The plot is slightly ridiculous but guess what? It was so much fun. The actors did a really good job and it did exactly what it was supposed to do - it made me laugh, it was short and sweet and it had a happy ending ðŸ¥° 

My rating: 4 ⭐


4. Damsel


When I first saw the trailer, I thought this was one of the more unique movies that came out in the last year or so. I was so excited to watch it, but in the end, it kinda fell flat. I can't tell you what it is exactly, but something was missing. The concept is great, and the cast is amazing, but it doesn't have that emotional punch. It was decent, but it could've been so much more ðŸ¤”

My rating: 3 ⭐


5. The Chorus


I randomly stumbled upon this little gem while scrolling through TikTok. It's got an emotional story and a gorgeous soundtrack that actually made the movie the masterpiece that it is. All of the actors, especially the kids, did an amazing job creating realistic characters that will stick with me probably for a long time.

My rating: 4.5⭐

Have you seen any good movies recently? Have you watched any of the above? 

2 comments

  1. I really enjoyed Across the Spider-verse as well! Sad to hear about The Marvels though. You're not the first person I've heard say that this movie is not great, which is a shame because I loved Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel so I was really looking forward to this one! I have honestly haven't seen anything from Marvel in a while though because I have been superhero-d out, tbh. I think the last thing I saw was Thor Love and Thunder and I did not love that one 😬 Oh, wait! I did watch Echo when it came out and I really liked it! But that's all I've seen. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it too! I have to admit I haven't finished Ms. Marvel, I've started watching it the moment it was released, but for some reason I dropped it halfway through the season. It wasn't bad or anything, I guess I wasn't in the right mood or I got busy and forgot. Oops 😂 The first Captain Marvel movie was okay, not amazing but not that bad either. I get you, there were too many superhero movies/ tv shows coming out, and it was obvious they were going for quantity over quality 😑 the only thing I actually loved from all the recent Marvel productions was Loki ♥ I agree, Thor Love and Thunder was....bad, no sugarcoating it 😂

      Delete

;