My Love From The Star


As I mentioned in my last TV Show post, I'm switching to kdramas for a while. Make no mistake, I've already watched around 65 kdramas till now so this isn't my first rodeo ðŸ˜‚ It's just that I've taken a huge break, and haven't watched a kdrama in about a year. In any case, I've decided to get back into that world and for my comeback I've chosen a kdrama from 2013 called My Love From The Star.

Even if I didn't tell you it was made in 2013, you'd know by this poster 😂

To be perfectly honest, I found the first 6-7 episodes to be quite funny and adorable. It has an interesting concept - her being a famous (but a bit...clumsy) actress and him being an alien 😂 HOWEVER...once they get to know each other a bit better, and realize they like each other a lot, the plot disappears

It's like the whole show becomes just this - her thinking about him but not saying anything and him being all broody, statue-like, but now with 5% more emotion. 

Every episode was the same and I couldn't take it anymore. I watched 12 episodes and then skipped 13-20 and just watched the last one 😂

I will say that I loved the main actress and she definitely pulled off the aloof and funny character. 

Not only that, but she managed to add some depth to her character by acting "confident" on the outside, but really insecure on the inside. That's a tough personality to act and she did it quite well. 

There were also some familiar faces in this series such as:

Park Hae-jin as the second male lead and Ahn Jae-hyun as the MCs little brother.

My overall rating would be 6.5/10 because I did laugh a few times and I loved most of the actors, but the plot failed me. 

Have you seen this kdrama? What's the most recent kdrama you loved?

0 comments

;