My 2024 Keywords & Predictions


Occasionally I have these random ideas for a post (e.g. this one) but I don't know where to put it, if you know what I mean. I don't want to make a series out of them and I don't want to make a special banner for each topic. That's why I decided to make a "category" for these random spurs of inspiration I get - Random Ramblings.



I could talk about basically anything and it's probably not gonna be anything smart ðŸ˜‚ This time, I'll be talking about my reading predictions for 2024 and certain keywords I think will mark this year. And the main keyword I immediately thought of is:

nostalgia

I don't know what it is, but since the year started, I've had the sudden urge to rewatch all my fave shows, to reread certain fave books, to watch spin-offs of shows I've watched before. 

 Part of the reason for this is that things I've liked have made comebacks - The Hunger Games is back with a new prequel movie, which I watched and I plan on rewatching the first three movies. Then there's Doctor Who with a fantastic new actor Ncuti Gatwa which makes me wanna rewatch all the new Who seasons and cry my eyes out again.

And for no reason whatsoever, I wanna watch The Mentalist again. As a matter of fact, I'm watching it while writing this post ðŸ˜‚ Maybe it's because there are no crime shows like that anymore, so I have to go back to the classics. Nowadays, TV shows only have a couple of episodes and get canceled easily, plus, they always have too much gore and mature content for my taste. 

When it comes to movies, Legally Blonde seems like a great choice to boost confidence and start the year smiling ðŸ˜Š

On the topic of books, I've already reread the Blood for Blood trilogy and as mentioned in my 24 Books in 2024 post, I'll be rereading plenty more. The one I want to read the most is def The Lunar Chronicles. It's the perfect combo of sci-fi madness and fairytale magic. 

I'm hoping superpower/hero books come back in style because I really miss that genre of books ðŸ˜… Since there are no new ones coming out, I'll have to just keep rewatching Iron Man movies.

To conclude, here's what keywords I feel will pop up in my 2024 reading year:

reread, sci-fi, fairytale, dystopia, time travel, crime

What are your reading predictions? 

0 comments

;