Time Travel in a Turkish Way

The last month or so marked an end of an era for me. Okay, let's not be that dramatic. It's more of a "break" than it is an end. I've finished 3 Turkish shows (and the 4th one is ending next week) and switched to kdramas ðŸ˜‚

 I'm the type of person that goes all in and once that energy is depleted, I have to switch things up. I've spent most of 2023 watching Turkish dizi (and I've watched A LOT), and not a single kdrama. It seems that 2024 will be widely different ðŸ˜… 

Here are the series that I finished and my thoughts: 


1. Adim Farah

I'll be completely honest and say TikTok edits made me watch this ðŸ˜‚ It was a wild ride from start to finish with insane plot twists and a brilliant cast. This is one of the rare series that was equally good from start to finish. My favorite thing about it is how smart the characters are and the plot doesn't revolve around misunderstandings and issues that could just be resolved by a short conversation. (Also, if you didn't know, this is a remake of the show The Cleaning Lady)

Rating: 9/10




2. Bizim Hikaye

Again, full honesty, I started watching this for 2 main reasons: 1. it's a remake of Shameless and I've always wanted to watch it because of sibling relationships but I didn't want to see adult content so this was the perfect solution. And 2. Burak Deniz. That's it. ðŸ˜‚ The first season was amazing, we got fast moving plot, characters that stood up for themselves, wonderful sibling moments and a cute main couple. The second season however was just a bunch of horrible things happening to the characters and them being miserable all the time. It dragged too much and I skimmed the last 10 episodes. There are 70 2h episodes in total...


Rating: 6.5/10



3. Midnight at the Pera Palace

Yes, you're seeing that right, this is a Netflix Turkish series and it's widely different from "normal" ones. ðŸ˜‚ Episodes are only 45 min long and the plot moves much faster, but you still get that wonderful characterization that Turkish shows are known for. I thoroughly enjoyed this historical time travel series that has the amazing Hazal Kaya as its main actress ♥ I can't help but love her, she's just so charming. Selahattin PaÅŸalı was wonderful as well in his role as a mysterious assassin. I'm hoping season 2 comes soon because that cliff hangerrrr  ðŸ”ªðŸ”ª


Rating: 9/10


4. Aile

I've already talked about this show in my previous post so I'm gonna keep it short. Everything I loved about the series still stands - the characters are so realistic, complex and intriguing. The relationships, especially between Devin and Aslan are fascinating and interesting to watch. However, the last 5-6 episodes are...just...so...boring. 



It's the same thing repeating, same plot lines, same dialogues...And you can tell a Turkish show is ending when all the bad guys suddenly turn good ðŸ˜‚ The last thing I'll say is that I can't wait to watch the last episode and be done with it. Sorry not sorry.

Rating: 7.5/10

Have you watched any good tv shows lately?

0 comments

;