Cracking codes, but make it classic literature

 


I've recently played this "little" game called Prose and Codes which is basically a puzzle game where you have to guess, or should I say...deduce..which letter goes where and solve the code. All of the codes are quotes from famous books.

Okay, after reading the description on Steam, I now know there's actually a name for this type of puzzle - the substitution cipher 😂 In any case, the game is very chill, there's no timer, no pressure whatsoever. You just solve ciphers at your own pace and you can set the difficulty to whatever you want. I chose "progressive" difficulty which was very fun - you start of with easy ciphers and continue to more complex ones. 

There's also a soothing piano soundtrack. What I really appreciated is the amount of customization in this little game. Not only can you pick the difficulty, you can also have dark mode, bigger letters and choose which genre you wanna decode.

I forgot to mention this lil gem of a game also benefits Project Gutenberg and gives 10% of every purchase PLUS all of the books mention in the game can be downloaded for free on their page. Ahh a game that supports reading and libraries, you have my heart just for this ❤️

I really liked the game  as you can tell and I solved 50 ciphers I think (there are about 400 of them) before deciding it's enough 😂 Look, I loved it okay? But I'm an action girly, I need something happening. This was a nice chill break, and it was exactly what I needed, but now it's time for something else...


I'll probably come back to it from time to time 😀

0 comments

;