Mini Reviews - January Pt.1 2024

We're halfway through January and so far, I've read...6 books 😂


I KNOW. I have no idea what's gotten into me, but I have been reading every day, usually during the evening and it's been such a great experience. Drinking my tea, reading lil books on my kindle, feeling good after putting on all my skincare and just relaxing before going to sleep. 

And yet, when it comes to reviewing all these books, I just don't wanna 😂 To be fair, I did write reviews for them on GR, but nothing special, nothing too detailed. Therefore, I didn't wanna post it here as a "review" so I'm gonna mash it all up and write tiny reviews that sum up my feelings.

  

Reign of Secrets #1-#3

Let's be honest, these covers are hideous. BUT THE STORY!!! It's a high stakes, fast-paced plot where a warrior princess has to deal with political intrigue, scheming, war and an arranged marriage. It's far more complex than I expected and I especially loved Alyssa as a main character because she does everything for her people and her kingdom.


 

Kingts of the Realm #1- #2

You can already tell by the fact that I read only 2 books in this trilogy, that the second one didn't meet my expectations 😂 I read this after Reign of Secrets and thought it to be another fun, high-stakes book from J.A.Davis about a girl becoming a spy for the kingdom and having to cooperate with 2 princes 👑⚔️ Unfortunately, by book two, the plot slowly disappeared leaving only the MC and her overprotective boyfriend being slightly annoying. 




Some Shall Break (None Shall Sleep #2)


Y'all this was even more stabby and murdery than the first one 🔪🔪 On one hand, we have Travis and Emma, our lil FBI babies trying to solve a murder, and on the other hand we have psychopath Simon and his quirky sister "helping" them. The sequel brought even more layers to all of these characters and that ending left us on a huge cliff, I need more!!!

🗨️ What were your first reads of 2024? Have you read any of these? What's next on your TBR?

2 comments

  1. Bwhahha I feel this in my SOUL. When it comes to writing the reviews it's like... do I really *HAVE* to? (In my case, yes, because I have requested them for review, whoops.) You have reminded me that I MUST read None Shall Sleep. So badly. I own it, and I want to own Some Shall Break because it is pretty, but I cannot let myself buy it until I read the first one, so. Sorry that Knights of the Realm fell off. Sadness. Glad Reign of Secrets was a win though (though I am with you on the covers!) Glad you are having such an awesome reading month, hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah I should feel lucky then, since I don't actually have to review anything, I can just vibe 😂 I agree, the covers for None Shall Sleep are perfection. They have that old timey psycho killer movie vibes, which is exactly what the books are about 😂 I especially like the simplicity and the lack of people on the cover. There are far too many covers with badly drawn people on it 😅 And thank you for the wishes, I hope your reading month goes great as well! 🥰

      Delete

;