Keep It or Throw It #4

 

Another round of mercilessly clearing out my TBR pile. Here is a new batch of books that I'll either keep  🤗 or throw 🗑️

   


Recruitment

What's interesting is that I have 2 books of this author on my TBR but for some reason, I don't care at all about this one 😂 Maybe it's because it sounds like every dystopian book ever and because it's "recommended for fans of Divergent and THG" which is a BOLD claim. THROW 🗑️

The Cure

This one sounds slightly better and doesn't have any "recs for fans of this and that" which I appreciate. The summary is intriguing enough - all teens die by the age of 18 except those who prove themselves and earn the Cure. Idk what it is about dystopian ya sci-fi, but it's a genre I constantly go back to. KEEP 🤗

Not with the Band

I know this is so cheesy and probably filled with cliches, but sometimes a girl needs her dose of fluffy high school romance. Bonus points for potential interesting family dynamics. KEEP 🤗

  

Of Starlight and Bone


This definitely gives off Cinder vibes with the MC being a cyborg who has to save a galaxy from a great threat. The cover looks nostalgic and like those "old" sci-fi shows posters - think Stargate, Star Trek, Firefly etc. I'm digging it. KEEP 🤗

Midnight and Bex


I honestly don't know what to think about this one. It seems like it could be slightly deeper than your average romance, but then again, it could end up like John Green books with the characters being too deep and too wise for their age. Whatever the case, I'm not feeling it. THROW 🗑️

Taylor Swift: In Her Own Words


When they said "in her own words" I expected an autobiography, but this is just a collection of various Taylor quotes throughout the years taken from interviews, social media posts etc. Which is...not that interesting? No wonder this has only 314 ratings 😂 THROW 🗑️

📖 Have you recently cleared out your TBRs? Which books did you get rid of? Did you read any of the books mentioned above? ✨

2 comments

  1. I love this idea, I need to get rid of some stuff from mine- though sadly, you may have sucked me into at least two of these because I too am a complete sucker for dystopia 😂 Also that is such rude marketing for the TS book- I would have thought the exact same as you! I also want to read Of Starlight and Bone... you know, one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah thank you, that is actually my purpose in life - making other people's TBRs longer so mine would appear smaller 😂😂 dystopia is the only genre I could read forever, so I feel you 😜

      Delete

;