Mini Reviews - October

 


While reading these books I've come to the same conclusion I do ever few months - I'm always gonna be a YA girlie. I just can't stand reading about these sad adults anymore 😂 I mean, a mystery novel now and then is not so bad...but continuously reading just adult...everything is so gloomy and serious. I want my princesses, dark tall mysterious boys and found family tropes back


So here are the last 3 adult books I've read and my opinions on them:

  

The Marsh King's Daughter  

Well, this was interesting. I definitely expected more action, more "hunting through the marsh" or "running away from crazy father" but instead I got "thinking about my childhood and how I miss killing animals and hating my mother." Which is all nice and well until it starts getting repetitive and boring. Also, here's a blasphemous thought - the trailer for the movie adaptation looks way more fun than this whole book was


Not a Happy Family 

Kept me guessing until the end!!
This was such a fun and fast paced read. It's not the most brilliant book I've ever read, but it can hold it's own. It's got interesting protagonists, enough family drama to keep you occupied till the end, and just enough "evidence" thrown every few chapters to make you question every theory you had.

Final Girls 

Idk why do authors think that adding a sex scene or any kind of sexual innuendo/ thoughts to EVERY chapter would make a story better. Especially if the story is a mystery and I kinda wanna know what happens and who the killer is, instead of another "passionate encounter" with whoever....It made the story feel even cheaper.... Not only that, the story is boring and repetitive, especially the first half. "Jeff is so nice, Sam is so weird, I'm totally normal and def not a final girl, let's bake bake BAKE"

0 comments

;