Lake

Recently I played this game that's not my usual cup of tea - it focuses heavily on conversations with townsfolk and it's more like a story than a game, but more on that later. Here's the cover and synopsys:


Lake (2021)

It's 1986 - Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It's up to you.


I'm gonna start with the good points:

- the aesthetic is everything - a picturesque town surrounded by a forest and a lake

- driving around in the van is just so relaxing and the exact definition of cozy

- the job was fun (at least in the beginning) - you get to pick parcels, carry them around, explore the town

- the van even has a radio, idk why but I loved that ♥


Now with the bad stuff:

- I wouldn't have minded the whole "have to talk to everyone you meet" if you could actually choose what happens - it looks like you can, but in the end, you only postpone certain events and jobs

- the talking scenes and the event scenes are NOT SKIPPABLE, I can't even tell you how much this annoyed me, especially when I accidentally left the game halfway through a convo and when I got back, I had to suffer through the whole thing from the start ;_; it felt like eternity 

- the whole game felt too repetitive and boring towards the end

- the "speed walk" is not speedy, it's almost the same as regular walking, but more annoying


I wish the game focused more on the job itself, being a post officer. Maybe even for it to get harder as the game progresses - maybe parcels without a full address, more packages to choose from, more mini tasks...idk anything just to spice things up. In the end, I kinda didn't care if i finish it or not, but luckily for me, the game is short so I did, but I wasn't satisfied. 

0 comments

;