The Inheritance Games

 


 You might be wondering why I'm writing a review for the whole series instead of book by book, well my friends it's because: 

1.I was too lazy

2. I binged the whole series in 5 days

3. it somehow fits to review them all at once because they all have the same qualities


First of all, I want to show you my initial thoughts after reading the first book because I was so crazy in love with it that I didn't know what to write on GR so I only posted GIFs 😂 



1. a poor girl suddenly turns rich



2. "she has to move in with 4 brothers and live in their mansion because of a crazy reason no one can really explain" Wattpad kind of thing - and they all fit a very specific description: the oldest most protective, the grumpy moody one, the flirty troublemaker and of course the youngest aka "comic relief"

3. a mansion full of secret passages and hidden puzzles



4. the quirky best friend that constantly reminds the MC that she lives with cute guys and should do something about it



5. the popular, rich mean girl



6. lot's of intriguing mysteries that bring out my toxic trait - thinking I could solve it before the characters do



7. A BLOODY CLIFF HANGER THAT'S ACTUALLY SO GOOD I AIN'T EVEN MAD

And now here are my thoughts on the whole series:

The sheer amount of positive reviews (on GR, TikTok, whatever...) should tell you something - IT'S SIMPLY THAT GOOD GO READ IT



There's also one more thing that shows you how good an author is - when the fandom is divided between 2 guys in a love triangle. I saw so many reviews loving that Avery spent more time with Jameson in the last book and the same amount of reviews that wanted Avery to do the same with Grayson in this book...The whole thing proves that Barnes can write 2 completely different White Broken Boys™ and make them both interesting, complex and good enough. If you asked me, I couldn't tell you which one I liked more, they are both so precious and sensitive and they



On the other hand, Avery doesn't need protecting at all, that girl can and has saved herself so many times. She's absolutely brilliant, stubborn and caring. I think what makes me love this series so much is that every. single. character. has so much love and doesn't mind showing it - towards their siblings, friends, rest of the family...They are unapologetically caring and protective. Even when they are a bit jealous or angry, they don't fight each other, but instead work through their emotions and talk it out (or do some "brotherly fighting" 😂) In any case, that strong sense of loyalty and love is what makes this series stand out for me.



Then there's the mystery. I can't even explain what happened in this book because the puzzles are so complex and there are so many connections between these characters that I wouldn't even know where to start. To put it shortly - much puzzles, didn't guess, good plot twist.

I spent most of the last book wondering who was who to whom and why


...which is IMO a good thing 😂

Despite Grayson, Jameson and Avery kinda being the main characters, I have to say that the rest of them can't even be called "side" characters because they were equally amazing and important. This series wouldn't be what it is withouth our precious engineer cinammon roll Xander, or the sassy BFF Max. Let's not forget the soft goth older sister + cowboy softie Nash 😍 Then there's Oren and Alisa and Nan and Rebecca and ughh so many wonderful people



Some people didn't like the ending, but I thought it was perfect - it somehow fits with everything I know about these characters. I'm hoping the author revisits this world because I can't get enough ♥


0 comments

;