A Good Girl's Guide to Murder - Holly Jackson

The case is closed. Five years ago, schoolgirl Andie Bell was murdered by Sal Singh. The police know he did it. Everyone in town knows he did it.

But having grown up in the same small town that was consumed by the murder, Pippa Fitz-Amobi isn't so sure. When she chooses the case as the topic for her final year project, she starts to uncover secrets that someone in town desperately wants to stay hidden. And if the real killer is still out there, how far will they go to keep Pip from the truth?

Genres: mystery, thriller, contemporary

This book is one of the BEST I HAVE EVER READ. The way Pippa's mind works is exactly like mine does, she goes to such lenghts with her overthinking and making crazy conclusions (that are wrong most of the time) that I can't help but love her.

Also, she had all the materials ready for a murder board ♥



The plot moves at exactly the right pace - you get the occasional roller coaster of a plot twist, but most of the time, you're investigating and slowly uncovering the truth with Pippa. There's also a bunch of amazing side characters that don't feel like side characters at all - like Pippa's friends, parents of aforementioned friends, teachers, random citizens...Not to mention beautiful family dynamics  😍



It didn't feel like I was reading a book at all, I was completely lost in their world and it felt amazing. Let's not forget the Pippa - Ravi duo which is simply incredible. Their friendship/ partners in crime dynamic gives me LIFE



Everything about this book is perfect and I can't wait to read ALL OF THE SEQUELSS

P.S. while I'm writing this review, I'm currently 60% in the 2nd book and ahhh it's so good I can't wait to tell you guys ♥ 


0 comments

;