Kdrama Review - Flower of Evil

 

 Recently I watched a very interesting kdrama called Flower of Evil. There are some minor things that bothered me, but overall this drama is fun, fast paced and includes an amazing cast. Here are some details from MDL:
 
 
"Although Baek Hee Sung is hiding a dark secret surrounding his true identity, he has established a happy family life and a successful career. He is a loving husband and doting father to his young daughter. But his perfect façade begins to crumble when his wife, Cha Ji Won, a homicide detective, begins investigating a string of serial murders from 15 years ago. Ji Won notices changes in Hee Sung’s behavior and begins to wonder if he could possibly be hiding something from her. "
 
Genres:  Thriller, Romance, Crime, Melodrama
 
The main thing that I loved about this drama is the brilliance of main characters. Cha Ji Won is a homicide detective that actually does detective work - she digs around for information, makes logical conclusions and knows how to get what she wants. 
 

 Just look at her being all cute and smart and making deductions ♥
 
Her husband, the "is he a murderer or not" guy is interesting to watch and also has some good scheming moments but I will admit that his characterization is a bit inconsistent. As my friend pointed out, in one episode, he has to watch a YT tutorial on how to smile like a human, the other, he's bawling his eyes out and screaming. So which is it? Honestly, I can forgive this because I was so involved into the story, I couldn't stop watching.
 
The plot itself moves at a decent pace and you get bits of info here and there, enough to make you interested in more, but not enough so you can guess everything that happened. I also loved all of the side characters and they weren't one dimensional.  I especially liked how they portrayed the main antagonist - he was SO creepy. I'd post a gif here but it would be a spoiler ;_;
 
There's also one more thing that bothered me, and that is the last episode. I found it to be completely unnecessary and especially that little "plot twist" they added just to prolong the story. I don't know why because it is literaly the last episode + the twist turned out to be for nothing because they resolved it by the end of the episode so....why? In any case, the show can hold it's own in terms of plot lines, acting, even romance which I'm glad was put on the sidelines :)

My rating: 8.5/ 10 ★

0 comments

;