Discussion posts? What are those?

Have you ever wanted to write a discussion post but didn’t know what to write about? Or how to write it once you get the idea? Yep, that’s me.

I LOVE seeing and reading discussion posts. I think they offer a great insight into someone's thinking and also serve as a motivator - for people to comment and talk among themselves. They give you something to think about. Which is all great, but how do you write them? I have no idea.

I’ve always been kinda jealous of all the bloggers who could come up with a fresh, new idea every month, or even every week. I devoured those posts. Of course, I also wanted to be like them. I even felt like I had an obligation towards the book blogging community, that I have to write them. Which is all in my head, of course, but still - pressure is pressure.

For years I avoided writing such posts because I thought I had nothing new to offer, nothing important to say. I thought discussion posts were these special amazing things only genius writers can pull off. Then I grew up 😂

Over time (A LOT of time) I realized, there isn’t a special formula you have to use to write them. Not every post has to be brilliant, amazing, unique, unlike anything before. You can just write about anything you found interesting, any topic you stumbled upon. You can even talk about things other people mentioned before. Shocker, I know 😂 

In fact, you can even write a discussion post about not writing a discussion post 👀

I'm gonna use this opportunity to join one more "reading challenge" and that is the 2024 Book Blog Discussion Challenge hosted by Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight! Since it's already August, I'm gonna sign up for the "1-10 – Discussion Dabbler" level 😄

💬 How do you deal with writer's block? Do you enjoy writing discussion posts? 💬

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Oh I am so glad you'll be doing more discussion posts! I love a discussion post! I love reading them and writing them! I find them easier to write than reviews, for some reason. Lol. I'm excited to see what topics you cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh you are so lucky! I can't write reviews nor discussions 😂 but honestly, you have excellent writing skills and that's something I really admire 😄 and thanks for this motivation boost! I definitely need it

      Delete

;