So Many New Book Adaptations

🍹 Here are all the interesting things that have been happening across the interwebs 🍹

⭐ First up, some new behind-the-scenes photos dropped from the Freaky Friday sequel shooting! I had no idea this was happening AT ALL but I'm so excited!! Not only is a sequel happening, the original cast is returning and apparently, Lindsey has a daughter in this movie 😂


⭐ Next up, if you didn't know, AGGGTM series is premiering IN A WEEK!! Omgosh I can't wait to see Pip and Ravi solving crimes. I know I keep saying how I disliked the last book, but the first two are still amazing and I really want to see how they adapt certain scenes. Here's a trailer if you haven't seen it:


⭐ I have obviously been living under a rock because I didn't know Turtles All The Way Down was being adapted into a movie with Isabela Merced in the main role 😅 Not only that, but the movie is ALREADY OUT. How did I not know??? It premiered in May and you can check out the trailer below:


I didn't enjoy reading this book much, but the movie looks promising! To be honest, I disliked most of John Green's books so maybe he's just not an author for me 😂 

⭐ there are 2 more book adaptations that have come out this year that I haven't watched yet. I know this is not exactly "news" but I wanted to list them just in case 😂 Maybe you're like me and you keep postponing watching these shows because you feel guilty for not reading the books first and as weeks passed you forgot about both the books and the shows 😂

Dark Matter is a sci-fi plot twisty 9-episode series based on the novel of the same name. It got really good reviews and I'll probably watch this in the fall because it's got that darker tone.

My Lady Jane is a more recent adaptation that's probably still on all our TikTok and Instagram feeds. It's a historical fantasy story that's full of drama and funny situations. 

⭐ last but not least, there's a Legally Blonde prequel series called Elle in the works and here's the official description - " "Elle follows Elle Woods in high school as we learn about the life experiences that shaped her into the iconic young woman we came to know and love in the first Legally Blonde film.”

I absolutely loved the original movie and hopefully, they do it justice ❤️

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Freaky Friday is getting a sequel?? Omg. I really want to watch AGGGTM and My Lady Jane as well! I agree that the last book of AGGGTM was not good at all, but the first two books were solid so I'm really excited for the TV show. I wonder, if the show gets to that point, if they would change the events that happened in the third book 👀 because I would not be opposed to that 😂

    I read My Lady Jane a little while ago and I really liked it! It's not typically the type of book I would read, but it was a lot of fun and I am so excited it got a TV show!

    I also have not read Dark Matter, but I love a good sci-fi thriller, so I'm very intrigued by the TV show.

    I'm a little apprehensive about the Legally Blonde prequel, but I also loved the original movie so I genuinely hope the series is good!

    I haven't really been watching any movies or TV shows lately, but maybe I should make the time because there's a lot of interesting stuff out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I couldn't believe it either, I mean the original Freaky Friday aired 11 years ago!! I'm super hyped about it 😍

      oooh that's a good idea, changing the plot of the third book 😂There's actually a decent possibility for that because they do that kind of stuff often. But this would be the first time I'm actually rooting for it 😂

      you're right, all sorts of things could go wrong with the Legally Blonde prequel, but I think I read somewhere that Reese herself is going to be a part of the production, so I'm hoping she guides them in the right direction 😍

      If you do start watching more TV shows, definitely drop some recs! I'm always on the lookout for more 😂 it's an addiction, I can't help it

      Delete

;