Home Before Dark

 

Besides reading books, I also spend a lot of time watching tv shows and movies which, of course, I have opinions on sooo yeah, you have to read about that too 😅 

Idk why but I always associate autumn with mysteries and crime stories and this year was no different. I started watching this show called Home Before Dark. And before you say it's a kids show IT ISN'T. I mean yeah, kids could probably watch it, but the show has so much to offer and can be enjoyed by all ages.

Apple TV+ series "Home Before Dark" available to stream for free for  limited time - Appleosophy

iMDB summary:

"A young girl from the big city uncovers clues to an unsolved cold case while visiting her father's small lakeside town."

This show puts an emphasis on atmosphere, relationships and people so don't expect epic chase scenes or action sequences. It's very moody and perfect as a cozy mystery for those times you want to relax and watch something interesting. It's one of those shows that follows one case the whole season and it unravels slowly so if you don't like slow paced shows, this one might not be for you.

Another thing I liked was that I didn't have to watch out for adult content, which is a rare thing in crime shows. It still deals with heavy topics but doesn't have any of the graphic scenes that usually accompany them. Also, Hilde is an amazing main character. She is a kid, but she is very smart and doesn't shy away from difficult situations, she deals with them in her own way. What I liked most about this whole thing was, that in the end, she is still portrayed as a kid - she has emotions, she can't deal with everything on her own and she isn't some "Shelorck Holmes type of genius." There are limits to her understanding and of course, she needs her parents' help.

Now that I mentioned the parents - I LOVED THEM. 

They are so supportive of all of their children and their interests. They also want the best for them and try their hardest to keep them safe. I don't remember the last time I saw a family in a show that had such healthy relationships, great teamwork and openly show love for each other. Most of the time the parents are either strict or don't care at all, but not these 2 precious people - they set limits but they are also friends with their kids and take part in their lives. Of course, they aren't perfect, they make mistakes BUT the moment they realize they are wrong, they do everything in their power to make it right.

I have only one tiny issue with this show and that is that the scenes in which Hilde is with her friends can sometimes be cringey but honestly, it's such a small thing that I barely remembered to mention it in this review. Now I can't wait to see season 2

0 comments

;