I completely forgot to post these reviews, which is actually a usual occurrence for me 😂 Between all the crime novels I read this summer, there were a few fluffy romances so here are my thoughts on those:


🦢 Best Summer Ever by Jessica Cunsolo ★★★

Far more complex than I thought it would be!! Judging by that cover, I thought this would be some light lil rom-com but it's really not and I mean that in the best way possible 😂

Jenna might seem like a bratty, spoiled little rich girl, but I understood her in a way. Everything was changing, everyone was moving on, but she was still stuck in the same place - even worse, finding out that some things (like college) that she thought she wanted, she wasn't sure about anymore. Who is she if she's not her mother's perfect replica? If not a lawyer? If not perfectly composed all the time? I rather enjoyed her character arc.

Then there's Olivia with a wildly different story but an equally important one. She spent most of her life doing whatever she thought would make others happy (especially her boyfriend) because she didn't think her needs were also important. She'd be "the mom" at every party, she'd always take second place to whatever game they were playing, she'd never ask for anything.

I have to admit, while I loved Jenna's inner monologue more, I liked Olivia's romance story more - which is appropriate because everyone thought Jenna was shallow and Olivia had the worst boyfriend at the beginning of the book 😂 Each girl got her happy ending and that made me happy. Bonus points for amazing friendships from literally everyone in the book ♥


🎭 Love Unmasked by Becky Dean ★★★★★

guys GUYS don't sleep on this super cute romance story!! If you're a fan of Kasie West, fandoms and gorgeous settings, you should definitely give this a try.

👒 What you'll get: 👒

• Venice as a setting - perfect for summer reads, if you like history, architecture and art

• so many beautiful friendships - there's a larger friend group, two closer BFFs and a new friendship blooming so you get diverse relationships. I also loved how these friendships changed throughout the book when the characters themselves changed and started opening up more, trusting others.

• a soft romance based on sharing feelings and being supportive

• FANDOM!!! - I absolutely adore it when authors get fandoms right. You've got this secret fan club in the middle of Venice and these two dorks trying to find it while being in full cosplay. SO CUTE!

• character development - I can't express enough how much I loved both Evie and Gabe, two green flags who has some flaws but fixed them by being there for each other.


⚾ Meet Me Under the Lights by Cassie Miller ★★

While I usually adore sport romances and when authors drop some sport specific talk - I was bored out of my mind when these kids started talking about baseball. It just sounded so cringe (almost like those super sappy family sport movies from the 90s) and I basically skipped all of these scenes.

Besides the literal baseball scenes (matches, meetings with the coach etc), the main character kept comparing everything to baseball, and after the 403584th reference, I couldn't take it anymore...We get that love hit you like that speedball, or that being with her is like something something inning (we don't have baseball in Croatia so most of the book sounded like gibberish to me lol).

ᯓ★ The theatre subplot was actually my favorite one - how Eliza truly cared about the play and how she wanted to prove to everyone how she wasn't just the daughter of the richest guy in town and actually had some mad theatre lighting skills.

ᯓ★ Eliza's relationship with her BFF was also a sweet one because they had different roles in the play (one had the lead role while the other worked backstage on the lighting) but they were fully supportive and hyped each other up.


🏛 All Roads Lead to Rome by Sabrina Fedel ★★★

Was it overly cheesy, HEA and Hallmarky? Definitely. Was the plot predictable from start to finish? Absolutely. But did I have fun? YES 😂

My main issue with this book is the fact that the main character was a total pick me girl and everyone just had to comment how she wasn't like "other girls" Luca dated - she wore less make up, didn't care that much about brands, prefered to stay at home instead of clubbing etc...Like, girl...you're not the only poor introvert who doesn't use foundation out there, stop being a pretentious ass...

Other than this, the rest of the book was quite sweet. I liked all the places in Italy (and Scotland!) they visited, the fact that Luca actually had personality except being rich (and even a bit of character development toward the end) and some cute moments between Luca and Story.

Would I recommend this right away? Maybe not, but I wouldn't say don't read it either 😂

💬 Have you read any of these books? I'd love to hear your thoughts! 💬