
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. Here is the topic of the week:
🔔 Book Series I Want to Catch Up On and Series I Want to Start 🔔
While I usually try to keep up with most of my series, there are always some that slip through 😂 Sometimes I'll forget the plot of the book while waiting for the sequel to come out, so I'll hesitate to pick it up before rereading - this is probably the most likely reason for me to "pause" reading a series. After combing my GR I've found only 4 series that I haven't yet finished:

💬 How are you at keeping up with series? Which ones do you still need to get to? 💬













14 Comments
I also struggle remembering what happened in the previous installment of a series. I used to be so good at that, but the more I read, and since I mostly read in the same genres, the more I mix or confuse books. So I am trying to get better with my series and read them closer together.
ReplyDeleteAs always, you have a lot of interesting titles and I discover new books as well. I hope you can catch up with those 4 series soon and that you're able to love and enjoy your new series.
I have heard great things about Heir, but I have not read the original series, so I'll probably do that first.
Everyone in My Family was a good read, but I think I enjoyed it less than the majority. The concepts for the books are very fun and interesting, so I know I will be continuing the series for sure.
Best of luck!
That's exactly it! The more you read, the harder it gets to differenciate everything + it's even worse with 4+ book series. I can tell you the plot, but I can't tell you which book had which detail, it's all a giant mashup lol
DeleteI'm looking forward to Everyone in My Family because I'm currently in the mood for all the mysteries and crazy plot lines so I'll probably get to it soon! And thanks! 😄
I hope I get better at marathoning series, because that helps a lot. What also happens to me is that a scene reminds me of a similar scene in another book and I have such a hard time remembering where. It just happened to me rereading Lady Midnight and I have no idea where that scene came from.
DeleteAt least I'm not the only one😅
I think you will enjoy it! I am curious about the sequels now.
I am in a romance streak but I am craving some light fantasies and I cannot think of any.
Hope you enjoy your next reads!
Light fantasy is definitely hard to find! There are lots of romantasies out there, but when I tried finding cozy ones, they mostly ended up just being boring or completely plotless. The only one I even remotely liked was one of the books from The Galamere Chronicles, so maybe you'd enjoy that 😁
DeleteIt's a genre that definitely deserves more attention so good luck with your quest! 🥰 And of course, if you end up finding something good, I'll steal it from you lol
The Winners looks interesting.
ReplyDeleteThe whole series is so realistic and at times gets quite hard to get through without getting sad or frustrated - but in a good way! 😅
DeleteOnly four series you hadn't finished! I respect your follow-through! I have been promising myself I'd finish as many of them as possible, I'm still trying!
ReplyDeleteIt's truly a miracle! 😂 I think the last 2 years have been the ones where I've done the most when it came to finishing series because I set a specific goal for it and tried using as many as possible for my reading challenges 😅
DeleteI really liked the first Veronica Speedwell book. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteIt's very popular that's for sure! Thanks! 😄
DeleteEveryone in the Family Has Killed Someone sounds like a fun book/series. Good luck on your efforts to catch up
ReplyDeleteI've heard great things about it and for some reason, I've always loved reading murder mysteries that are a bit whacky and humorous 😂 I blame The Mentalist lol And thanks!
DeleteI haven't read any by her (at least not that I remember), but I know LOTS of readers love Annah's books. Maybe someday I'll read one; they certainly always look fun. Thanks so much for visiting my list from this week!! :)
ReplyDeleteI've only read 2 but they were so sweet and so lovely without being cringe or overly Hallmarky (even though I do enjoy the occasional Hallmarkness lol) 😂 She has a lot of books so I'm sure there's one for everyone!
Delete