
You won't believe it, but in the last month, I've watched 10 movies... 10?!? You all know I'm more of a TV show girlie and sometimes months pass without me watching a single one. The thing is, my Letterboxd to-watch list was getting too long for my comfort and I knew I needed to do something about it 😂 That's why I forced myself to watch at least 3 movies this summer and those somehow motivated me to watch another 7 lol
It seemed like a good decision to start my summer binge with some romantic comedies (or dramas, depending on the movie and the person). First up was Upgraded and after seeing it, I wish I upgraded my standards before picking this one up. 😂
Look, if you don't think about it too much, it's actually an okay film, but I couldn't shut my brain off...First of all, the whole thing felt like some kind of Cinderella-type wish fulfillment because you've got this poor girl whose uper cool rich new boyfriend "mistook her identity" and gave her a bunch of expensive gifts and took her places. The thing is...she schemed her way to this rich world and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It started off as an accident, yes, but she made the conscious choice to continue lying to everyone. I just couldn't root for her sorry not sorry. Also, I didn't see any chemistry between the main couple and found the side characters to be way more fun and interesting.
⭐⭐✨
For The Map That Leads to You, I don't have much to say except that I felt like this movie wishes it was based on a John Green movie, but it's something adjacent 😂 I won't spoil anything but you've got this quirky, not like other guys, main male character who speaks like a philosopher and does spontaneous things like sleeping among the luggage, or dancing in the street and other "super cool fun things"

She was slightly better and more realistic but still, their romance was not it...Especially because they literally met each other?? And yet she decided to go on a trip with him alone after her friends needed to change plans, instead of going home just because he's hot and talks like Hemingway if he had an Aussie accent?? Girl, you need to think about your life choices.
What I did like were the visuals - since the whole movie is about travel, you can expect lots of gorgeous scenes of European cities. The friendships were also lovely and while they all had different personalities and life goals, they were there for each other.
⭐⭐✨


You know when you're bored and flip through TV channels and stumble upon a random, low-budget movie you start watching out of curiosity, but after a while realize it's so horrible and yet you just can't stop; you need to know if she ends up with her longtime crush or this new hot guy that she has a love-hate relationship with? Yep, that's Irish Wish.
The plot is ludicrous, the acting (except the two main characters) is borderline bad and you can predict the whole thing AND YET...I just had to see it through 😂 Also, I needed to support my 90s/00s queen Lindsay because seeing her back on screen made me so happy ♥
⭐⭐
The thing about The Life List is that while I liked it more than all the previous movies I mentioned, that doesn't mean it's actually "better" lol. Sometimes the acting got a bit cringe and I despised one specific thing the main character did toward the end, but other than that, I quite enjoyed this.The super cute lawyer guy was such a green flag, and he's one of the main reasons I enjoyed this movie.
Also, the sibling relationships were quite nice and I liked how Sophia's character wasn't that good at a bunch of stuff she had to try in the movie (e.g. she had to practice for months and took lessons just to play a simple melody on the piano) - made her more interesting and realistic. I will also admit I almost teared up at certain scenes with her mother.ðŸ˜
⭐⭐⭐✨


I spent months waiting for this movie and I wanted to like it so bad, but it was such a major disappointment. Loved Milly (her acting is superb), but I didn't care for the plot at all...The flashback scenes and the emotional ones with Krypto ♥ were the only ones that caught my attention. Those took maybe 15% of the movie, everything else I could've slept through.
One reviewer said that this movie is visually dull and I have to agree. I didn't expect it to be like Superman because they have wildly different personalities and aesthetics, but each "set" seemed the same. The whole thing was very uninspiring and didn't have heart. It makes me sad because Milly could've been an amazing Supergirl if she had a better script.
⭐⭐✨
I know it seems like I didn't enjoy these movies much, but trust me when I say I didn't regret watching a single one! For one, I like crossing titles off a list so even if they were bad, at least now I know I don't like them lol. And two, most of these actually had at least one thing I enjoyed so there's that 😊

💬 Which shows/movies are you currently watching? 💬



0 Comments