
New week means new Monday bookish meme hosted by The Book Date.

Starter Villain was absolutely hilarious. It somehow makes villain work sound administrative and I loved every second of it! Actually, most of the plot is exactly what the title suggests - a guy being a rookie at all this villain business. He's got a snarky assistant helping him deal with spy cats, childish nemeses, actual legal businesses etc. I had the best time!
The second book on the other hand...I won't even type up the title because it's so unnecessarily long, just like the book itself #sorrynotsorry. I did give it 3.5 stars, BUT that's solely for the end plot twists and the whole explanation - those were amazing. The pace? The writing? Not so much...

This is super cozy and sweet! A book about a bunch of retired people living together and building all sorts of puzzles while a young man who lives with them tries to find his biological parents. The book itself is full of puzzles you can try to solve (I did manage to solve a few, it was very fun!) so that's an added bonus. Depending on the ending, I think this will be a 4.5 read! 😍
This one is due at the library in 2 days and I'm hoping to finish it before then 😂

What are you currently reading? What are you planning on reading next?







0 Comments