It’s Monday! What are You Reading? - 14.10.24

New week means new monday bookish meme hosted by  The Book Date.

First of all, hi 😂 

I've just had one busy week and zero drafted posts because of course, I'm still disorganized when it comes to planning my blogging schedule 😂

Second of all, I KNOW it's Tuesday, but I don't care okay? I need to get back to my usual blogging routine and the Monday posts are quick and easy to write + I can tell you what I'm currently up to without much fuss. 

After loving The Warning I just had to finish this duology and it wasn't bad! I rather liked where it was going most of the time. There were a couple of things I didn't find logical/ good for the story, but overall I think it is a decent series! The second book takes place on alien territory so the world-building was truly interesting to read. Not only that, some new characters are introduced and I liked them :D More on that in my review which I still haven't finished 😅


My mood won and instead of continuing with my Fall TBR I binged this trashy book in two days 😂 I put it under "currently reading" because I literally finished it an hour ago and haven't picked up my next read. She is a special snowflake tortured innocent girl and he's a broody popular jock that slept with every girl in the school. Not only is it cliche-filled, I absolutely hated how every girl was portrayed as sluty and mean just to "highlight" how pure and naive the MC is. And of course, every guy in the school was in love with the MC because ✨ She Is Not Like Other Girls ✨ I started reading this because it had so many positive reviews that described this as a "cute YA romance" but this wasn't cute. Nor was it YA. It had a couple of scenes that I'd definitely put under NA category. This got 2 stars from me only because the few moments where the MCs talked about their traumas were actually nice and emotional. Unfortunately, even those moments were ruined for me later, because they would turn out into make-out sessions which only cheapened the story for me.

I need to get back to my spooky TBR and what better way is there to boost my reading than picking up a novella? 😉

💬 What are you currently reading? What are you planning on reading next? 💬

Post a Comment

0 Comments

;