The Passengers - John Marrs


Eight self-drive cars set on a collision course. Who lives, who dies? You decide.

When someone hacks into the systems of eight self-drive cars, their passengers are set on a fatal collision course.

The passengers are: a TV star, a pregnant young woman, a disabled war hero, an abused wife fleeing her husband, an illegal immigrant, a husband and wife - and parents of two - who are travelling in separate vehicles and a suicidal man. Now the public have to judge who should survive but are the passengers all that they first seem?

 

 

Wow, okay, this book....I don't know how to review it because I can't talk about the plot without spoiling anything so...I'm just gonna say the plot is:


I don't even know how many plot twists there were because the book is FULL of them and I ate it all up. Seriously, I don't remember the last time I had so much fun reading a thriller/mystery book. Probably because the last few mysteries I read were more on the psychological side - putting characters over plot. This book, on the other hand, has a roller-coaster of a plot BUT it doesn't suffer when it comes to having complex characters either. 
 
 
 I can't tell you much about the characters either because it's more fun going into this book completely blind but let me tell you something - you will hate some, you will love some, you will despise some, you will understand some....The point is, these people will make you feel things, because they are layered and you can see they are fighting for something. 

Another thing I liked about this book is that it makes you think. And I don't just mean think about "who did it", I mean think about the society and the technology that surrounds it. Also, I have to mention that even though some people marked this book as sci-fi, it barely contains anything "scientific" so don't write it off if you don't like sci-fi. Honestly, the only "sci-fi" element here is that the cars mentioned in the book are fully automated but that's all there is. 

If you are looking for a fast-paced, mind-blowing read, then pick this one up, you won't regret it.





This cover is too bland for this book. It looks like one of those old posters that are against "irresponsible driving." Basically, it looks old and boring, which is a shame, because the book is really good 🤷‍♀️

2 comments

;