
New week means new Monday bookish meme hosted by The Book Date.

You all know I'm a YA girlie so I only pick up adult novels when a) I'm going through my library's crime selection and b) one of my reader friends recommends me something. This book fits the second category, and I had no idea going into it that it was written by the same author who wrote Q&A (the book Slumdog Millionaire was based on)...So yeah, it's set in India; there's A LOT of injustice, crime, and just generally horrible stuff going on and of course it made me emotional at the end.

Do I regret reading it? Heck no. The twist at the end (and all the emotional scenes) made the whole thing worth it. But did I feel it could've been shorter? Heck yes. We follow multiple POVs, and each person had their whole life story presented, so I'd definitely wonder at times if the chapter I'm currently reading really needed to be there.


I think I mentioned in my last Monday meme post that this book doesn't have an English version because it's originally in German. The title means "Village of the Damned," and it's such a fascinating murder mystery novel. I think I'm gonna love it, but I've still got the last 50 pages to get through 😄

This is the second book in the duology and it's a completely different murder case, but I'm hoping to be intrigued as much as I was on the last case. I also think the main character can make or break a mystery novel - in this case it's a young female detective called Sanela who has only gotten unimportant tasks so far (before the case from book 1) because she's an immigrant and a woman. BUT being the badass that she is, by sheer determination, she discovers stuff no one else has and worms her way into the investigation 😂 Love her, honestly lol

What are you currently reading? What are you planning on reading next?





0 Comments