New week means new Monday bookish meme hosted by  The Book Date.

  

 A House of Vipers was a decent read about 5 teens who get entangled with secret societies, treasure hunting and boarding school secrets 😍 I rather enjoyed it and in fact, my favorite part was the teens because they were all different people with different wishes but got along well. Their friendship made sense and wasn't all perfect, but they worked on it.

A Long Stretch of Bad Days was EVEN BETTER. You've got a small town filled with secrets where everybody pretends everything is perfect. Then 2 girls "arrive" and literally poke the hornet's nest to try and bring some justice. I especially loved the friendship between two wildly different girls and how much they grew as people ♥

One of my close reader friends recommended this sci-fi horror manga, Remina, and you know what? I can see the appeal at times, but also, where did the plot go lol?? It started off strong, building the eerie vibes but somewhere, I think past the middle mark, the plot disappeared and there was only this one big chase scene and nothing else until the very end. I expected a bit more when it comes to plot reveals, at least something to be found out about the planet but nope...I will admit the artwork captures the creepy, cosmic horror essence perfectly 😁

The same reader friend also let me borrow a bunch of murder mysteries from her personal library so you'll see a lot of her picks in the next week or so 😁 

 

I couldn't find the English version of this book so here's the Croatian one lol I think the original is in German 🤔 The reason why I'm reading so much murder is not only because I'm in the mood for it, but also because I have a little project going on, which you'll hear about soon 😎

 What are you currently reading? What are you planning on reading next?