
It's time for the Book Blog Hop! Here's the official description:
The first iteration of the Book Blogger Hop, which was started in March 2010 by Jennifer @ Crazy-For-Books, ended on December 31, 2012. On February 15, 2013, Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer reintroduced the hop with Jennifer's approval. The hop will begin on a Friday of each week and end on a Thursday of the following week. Every week, there will be a prompt with a book-related query. The aim of the blog hop is to provide bloggers with an opportunity to follow other blogs, discover new books, make friends with other bloggers, and gain new followers for their own sites.
This week's question is:
🐇 " Do you follow book trends and bestsellers, or do you prefer hunting down lesser-known titles?" 🐇
Why choose just one when you can do both? For example, I follow a lot of Bookstagram and BookTok accounts so of course I see all the latest trends and "popular books." I don't immediately add every single one to my TBR, just those that seem like something I would like even if they weren't popular.

Some books I read because of trends: Six of Crows, Binding 13, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, all the YA by John Green (can't believe I'm that old lol), Me Before You and a bunch of others I can't remember now! 😂
Also, if a book gets overhyped, it has the opposite effect on me, and I probably won't read it for years. When the hype dies down, you'll see me pick it up (and probably enjoy it lol).

Most of the time though, I'm on the hunt for books that aren't talked about as much. I don't always mean super hidden books, just those that aren't mentioned all the time on social media or some older releases.
For those, I either go through Goodreads recommendations (click one book, scroll down, click on recommended, then scroll again etc.) or stumble upon interesting books while reading other blogs. Finding books through book blogs is a method that I absolutely love because not only do I find something new to read, I also get to know people better 😄
Actually, the research itself is what brings me the most joy so that's why I'll mostly hunt for books myself instead of just blindly adding them by someone else's recommendation. Not that I don't like recs! I just like diving into Goodreads and scrounging among book blogs for hours until I find a book that sounds super intriguing AND has a good rating lol


💬 Where do you look for new books? 💬



0 Comments