Down The TBR Hole is a a book meme created by Lia @ Lost In A Story that revolves around cleansing your TBR of all those books you’re never going to read and sorting through it all to know what’s actually on there.

It works like this:
1. Go to your Goodreads to-read shelf.
2. Order on ascending date added.
3. Take the first 5* (or more) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
4. Read the synopses of the books
5. Decide: keep it or should it go?

*I decided to take 4 books at a time because my TBR luckily isn't that long...yet.

 

Both of these have strong, unique premises that intrigue me, so I had no doubt about keeping them! Royal Blood is actually a series and has an American teen becoming a part of British royalty and doesn't that sound exciting? A Long Stretch of Bad Days has two teens investigating buried secrets in their small town, and that's such a classic YA mystery plot that I fall for every single time 😂

 

When You Wish Upon a Lantern sounds absolutely fine and I can't find anything wrong with it...except that I couldn't care less about it lol I reread the synopsys on Goodreads at least 3 times and realized I don't have any desire whatsoever to read it 😂 As you noticed, I'm more of a mystery/sci-fi reader so I pick my romances very carefuly because I'll only read a few before going back to other genres and this one just isn't that exciting to me sorry 😅

I don't even have to explain, you all know I don't really enjoy reading historical novels much and I don't even remember adding this one to my TBR 😂  It was probably during one of my more...inspired moods, when I thought I'd try and read more books in genres I don't usually prefer lol Now that I look at it I just know I'll never pick it up so...goodbye The Lost Heiress!

💬 Have you read any of these books? Do you have positive or negative thoughts? Feel free to share! 💬