New week means new Monday bookish meme hosted by  The Book Date.

 

 Reading 2 pirate novels (and DNF-ing one in between lol) was definitely and experience 😅 Voice of the Ocean was a relatively nice Little Mermaid retelling. I enjoyed some aspects of it (the main character for example, she was sweet, a bit impulsive at times, but had the best intentions) but my main issue was the pacing. I was bored a lot and didn't really see the chemistry between the main couple although I appreciate the slow burn.

Then I DNF-ef Drowned in the Name of Love which was a complete cringe fest and it totally tried to be the next pirate Caraval, but it failed. The dialogues were unreal and there were too many forced "love" and "heart" references. Suddenly everyone was a poet, yeah right... 🙄

Luckily for me, my next read turned out to be a 5-star read. Fable, ladies and gentlemen, has one of the most realistic pirate stories ever. This woman was left on an island filled with thieves and murderers and she did everything just to survive - she became skilled at diving, trading and mostly staying invisible. Then she meets this ragtag group of pirates and you already know I fell in love with this little found family ❤️ Lots of plot twists and story seas in this book, I definitely recommend!

You bet I immediately picked this second and last book in this series. I just hope all of my precious babies survive these tumultuous seas 😢

 

  

The last book in this series came out recently and I decided to reread the whole thing because I've already forgot some details and I really want to enjoy it fully. You know how much I love these characters so I can't wait to be back in this world 😍

 What are you currently reading? What are you planning on reading next?