End of Year Book Tag

I recently found this tag that's basically a revamp of the Mid Year Freak Out Tag and I merged it with other versions I found online. There are 9 bookish questions to answer that will summarize my 2023 reading. I know that there are still 10 days left or so, but I didn't wanna wait 😂 Also, I will probably do a different kind of "end of year book report" in January so if there are any significant books left in my December TBR, I'll include them then 😉

Best Book Read

 

While The Inheritance Games was fun, quirky and had wonderful puzzles, The Prison Healer was more dramatic, serious and had more depth. I loved both SO MUCH and they are going on my faves list.

Best Sequel Read

 

This was a no brainer. Each book in this series is perfection from start to finish.

New Release I Haven't Read But Want To

Everyone and their mother has read this, but somehow I haven't yet 😂

Biggest Disappointment

 

I know I'm in the minority for thinking As Good As Dead wasn't that good. But what can I say? I think Pippa's character shouldn't have ended up like that and I really hated what happened with her and Ravi. Defending the Galaxy also had "reverse character development" with Ara and her Chosen One complex.

Biggest Surprise

I had no expectations whatsoever with this book but it blew me away. From the characters, to the plot lines, everything was amazing. 

Most Beautiful Book Cover

  

No comment needed 😍✨

Favorite New Author

That would be Lynette Noni, the author of The Prison Healer. I've had my eyes on her Whisper series for so long, but completely forgot about it until I read TPH. I had no idea she wrote both series. I'm definitely gonna pick up Whisper next year.

Need to Read by End of 2023

  

I'm currently at about 50% of Nemesis and it's really good. Hopefully, I'll read the whole series this December.

Most Anticipated Release of 2024

 

One is a mystery and the other is a hate-to-love romance. My 2 fave things ♥

4 comments

  1. As Good As Dead was so frustrating! And I agree, I hate what happened at the end with Ravi and Pip. All that wasn't even necessary! And I highly recommend Some Shall Break! I liked it even better than None Shall Sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I was so sad the plot went where it went 😥 it could've been such a good series, now I feel the author only did that for the shock value. It's also far more dark than the first two books which was so unnecessary 😤 oohh I will definitely pick up Some Shall Break

      Delete
  2. Oh man you have reminded me that I somehow STILL have not read Blood Traitor, despite devouring the first two books. Agreed about Defending the Galaxy, this one did not hit the same as the first. I also really need to read None Shall Sleep! I really enjoyed the Nemesis series, glad to see you are too! And I need to catch up on The Inheritance Games series! I loved book one, but then never got to the others yet, despite pre-ordering them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh you need to read Blood Traitor ASAP, you won't be disappointed 😍 None Shall Sleep was definitely a unique experience 😂 unfortunately, Nemesis was..not what I expected, or wanted. Maybe it was just me, but I found the storyline to be too weird and not explained enough. I feel you, there is still one The Inheritance Games book I haven't read yet, there's just not enough time for all of these books 😅

      Delete

;