Keep it or Throw it #1


Because I keep adding books to my TBR, I decided I should do a little cleaning. I don't know where exactly I saw this blogging meme but here's what the deal is:

1. go to your Goodreads to-read list
2. sort by date added
3. take the first 5 (or however many you want) books
4. read the synopsis
5. decided to keep them or throw them away

So the first 5 books I have here are:

 

 

Pride and Premeditation

- a Pride and Prejudice retelling where Lizzie and Darcy team up to solve a murder. The only question here is, WHY DIDN'T I READ THIS YET???

Verdict: KEEP

 


 The Forest of Stolen Girls

- a historical fiction book where 2 sister try to solve the mystery surrounding their father's disappearance set in Korea in 1400s 

- I think all of you know by now that I'm just...not a historical fiction kinda gal. I can't explain it, but I just can't make myself read it 😂 

Verdict: THROW


 

 

All These Bodies

 - set in 1958, a girl is found at a crime scene. She won't talk to anyone except the son of a local sheriff  - did she kill them all or is she a victim

- I'd probably throw this book away just for the fact that it's historical, but it has a 3.29 rating on Goodreads and that's an immediate no from me. 

Verdict: THROW



You'll Be the Death of Me

- 3 friends witness the murder of a student from their school, but the catch is - all of them have a connection to the dead kid

- this author wrote One of Us is Lying + Two Can Keep a Secret, both of which I loved. This woman just knows how to write a good teen murder mystery. Bonus points for it being available in my local library

Verdict: KEEP

 

How We Fell Apart

- four teenagers have to uncover the truth about their ex friend's murder before this anonymous person uncovers their secrets on the school's social app

- it already sounds like a rip-off of One of Us is Lying and it doesn't help that it's rating is only 3.37 on GR.

Verdict: THROW


I think I did pretty good - got rid of 3 books. Hopefully, this will help me reduce my TBR pile and motivate me to read more. It actually already did - it reminded me of books that sound amazing but I forgot about them :)


0 comments

;