
New week means new Monday bookish meme hosted by The Book Date.

Such a fun thriller! You've got this stalker that only does something on Wednesdays so the main character is living in fear the whole week, just waiting to see what happens. The author realistically portrayed the feeling of dread, anticipation, and plain fear. You hope he doesn't do anything on other days, but what if he changes his MO? Tuesday evenings are the worst. The psychological effect is truly horrible.
The plot itself was medium-paced - you are waiting for Wednesdays with the MC, occasionally the police and the private investigator uncover something, and there are also alternating chapters from the stalker's POV. So yeah, lots of things are going on. I didn't guess who the stalker was and I was genuinely surprised! 😄

We had some work done on the house, so we had to move certain furniture, which means loud noise was a constant and the house is a mess 😂 That, along with the fact we had guests the whole weekend, meant I literally read 10 pages of this book. The workers are done for now, so the house is blissfully silelnt and empty. I plan on reading more of the book today because it does sound like a sweet Little Mermaid retelling 🧜🏻♀️☺
Another sea/pirate romantasy sounds like an appropriate next read 😂

What are you currently reading? What are you planning on reading next?






0 Comments