Uglies, Star Wars and More Sequels!

🍹 Here are all the interesting things that have been happening across the interwebs 🍹

⭐ We got to see the first trailer for the Uglies movie! I will admit I haven't read this YA series. I KNOW it's one of the "classics" but the series has the ugliest book covers ever + the concept sounded a bit ridiculous and I couldn't make myself read it 😂 Now that there's an adaptation coming, I might just try it so I can compare the two 

The movie is coming out September 13th and I'll definitely be checking it out. I'm secretly hoping the dystopian genre makes a comeback, both in movies and in books. 

⭐ Amazon is making a We Were Liars TV show and HOW COME I DIDN'T KNOW UNTIL NOW??? There are a couple of promo photos of the main cast and I'm gonna drop one here

I remember loving this book 9 years ago when I first read it, but idk if I'd have the same opinion now 😂 I'll have to do a reread before the show comes out 👀

⭐ The long-awaited trailer for Snow White came out and I don't know if I like Rachel as the main character. To be perfectly clear, I loved her in TBOSAS and I believe she has one hell of a voice - but she doesn't truly remind me of the OG Snow White. Not to mention that haircut is horrible 😭 Disney did her dirty. 

I'll still watch it, at least to hear Rachel sing again. I kept listening to the TBOSAS soundtrack on repeat. 😂

⭐ Miranda Cosgrove has a new movie coming called The Wrong Paris!

  Deadline says "the film centers on Dawn (Cosgrove), who is desperate to get to France for a once-in-a-lifetime art opportunity. Thus, she talks her way onto a Bachelor-type dating show set in Paris — only to discover the show is actually set in Paris, Texas as part of a ratings stunt by the producers. Now in jeopardy of losing out on her dreams, Dawn must find a way to get kicked off the show, until a real romance begins to blossom with Trey, the show’s handsome and charming bachelor." I love rom-coms and I love Miranda so yep, I'm pretty excited! 

⭐ Apparently, we're getting another Mamma Mia sequel and while I would absolutely love to watch another one, I'm also wondering what the plot would look like. Will the third movie just ruin everything with a useless plot, or will it keep the same quality and add to the lore? We'll have to wait and see. 

⭐  We're getting a new Star Wars show and I don't know how I feel about that. Here's the trailer:

While loving this universe in general and have certain movies/shows I like more, I do think you can have too much of a good thing. They are milking it and everyone knows it. I can't even keep up with all the shows and honestly, this trailer doesn't make me feel anything. It looks...generic. I did like The Acolyte (we all know we watched it just for Manny Jacinto the plot) but I thought The Mandalorian was boring. I don't think I'll be watching this unless it gets stellar ratings.

⭐ Only Murders In The Building Season 4 trailer is here! I absolutely love watching this cozy mystery series that's perfect for fall. The star-studded cast is appealing as well. 

⭐ Of course, I have to end this post with the most important news - SHREK 5 IS COMING OUT JULY 1ST 2026!!! Not only that, but Murphy let it slip that a Donkey spin-off is also in the works!

💬 Which news are you most excited for? 💬

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. First of all, THERE'S GOING TO BE A SHREK 5?!?! 😱 I have not been really been keeping up with a lot of movie news lately, so I really appreciate your posts and you highlighting some of these movies and TV shows.

    Like you, I never read the Uglies series (I did read a different series by this author that I remember really liking!), but I am definitely going to be watching the movie! I am very excited! I also need to catch up on the Only Murders In The Building series because I only watched the first season. I loved that first season though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES OMGOSH SHREK IS THE BEST 💚 And thank you! I always loved reading this kinds of posts on other blogs so I decided to try it as well 😄

      oohhh you definitely need to watch the rest of OMITB, I think it's truly rare for a series to have the same quality in all seasons, but they did it. Each murder was so much fun to investigate and the characters are ridiculous 😂 At first I didn't think the show would be as fun as it was in the beginning, but they surprised me in the best way

      Delete

;